Leah Lomiansky, M.Cl.Sc., S-LP(C), Reg. CASLPO
Speech-Language Pathologist & Founder of Speak Volumes
Leah has been a practicing Speech-Language Pathologist since 2013. Since starting her career, Leah has worked in a variety of settings, both public and private including children’s treatment centres, schools and private practice. Leah has developed extensive skills delivering assessments and therapy as well as consultation services, parent training and providing professional development to school staff.
Leah founded Speak Volumes Speech & Language Services and has been maintaining a private practice since 2016.
Leah has a keen interest in working with neurodivergent clients. Her practice has a focus on social communication, working with children who communicate with echolalia (gestalt language processors), clients requiring the support of high tech augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) systems, as well as literacy interventions. In addition to her work at Speak Volumes, Leah works part-time as a professor at Humber College in the Health Sciences program. Leah has provided professional development on the topics of gestalt language processing, augmentative and alternative communication and neurodiversity informed practices to several organizations in Ontario, including for speech-language pathologists in Preschool Speech and Language Programs or in school boards.
- Language Acquisition Through Motor Planning Training & Moving Forward with LAMP on iOS Training (High Tech Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) System)
- Core Language Workshop Training (focused on core high tech AAC communication systems)
- AAC, Literacy & the SLP Workshop from The AAC Academy
- From Echolalia to Self-Generated Language Levels 1 & 2 & 3 (Gestalt Language Processing) by Marge Blanc, SLP
- Meaningful Speech Course (Assessment and Intervention for Gestalt Language Processors)
- AAC & Gestalt Language Processing from Meaningful Speech
- AAC Ally- Rachel Madel Workshop
- PLAY Project Training (Two Day Intensive) & PLAY Project Intensive Implementation Course
- Early Start Denver Model (ESDM) Introductory Workshop
- PROMPT (PROMPTS for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets) Level 1 (for children with motor speech disorders) & PROMPT Bridging (Level 2)
- Motor Speech 201 (extensive training involving case studies through the Speech and Stuttering Institute)
- Intro to Neuro-Developmental Treatment for the SLP
- Hanen Certifications: More Than Words, Talkability, It Takes Two to Talk
Meera Mehta, M.H.Sc., S-LP, Reg. CASLPO
- Meaningful Speech course (regarding gestalt language processing, echolalia, and Natural Language Acquisition)
- Delivering SMARTER Intervention (for structured literacy intervention)
- It Takes Two to Talk
- More Than Words
- Introduction to PROMPT (to treat motor speech disorders)
- Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing (to treat motor speech disorders)
Maya Aharon, M.H.Sc., Reg. CASLPO
Maya has experience in a variety of clinical settings, including school boards, preschool speech and language services, and expanded-level AAC clinics, both in-person and remotely. She is especially passionate about language, social communication, literacy, augmentative and alternative communication (AAC), early intervention and parent coaching. Maya is committed to taking a strengths-based, relationship-centered, and evidence-informed approach to her practice.
Maya is a member of the TouchChat Partner Program and continues to grow her skills and knowledge through ongoing professional development, including courses on gestalt language processing/natural language acquisition.